Position Title: Grant Writer and Administrator
Reports To: VP of Development and Communications
Date: February 5, 2015
Purpose: The Museum’s Grant writer is a critical member of the development team. This individual is oversees the foundation and corporate relationship function supporting the museum’s efforts to raise institutional gifts annually. The Grant Writer will develop and write proposals to identify, cultivate and solicit new and recurring grants from corporations and from private, family, community foundations and government.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
1. Develop fundraising and stewardship strategies for securing contributed income from private and family foundations, corporate foundations and government entities in support of the Museum.
2. Develop strategy, maintenance and stewardship of contributed income from corporations for EITC approved programs.
3. Cultivation of relationships with individuals representing local and regional corporate and private and family foundations, as well as city, county, state and federal government officials.
4. Management of data for proposals, reports and marketing opportunities.
5. Management of special projects as assigned.
1. Research, write, coordinate and edit all grants, proposals and reports to all grant and foundation sources.
2. Develop, encourage, and maintain productive relationships with members of local and regional foundation committees and staff, as well as government funding staffs.
3. Manage grant and foundation applications and report deadlines.
4. Coordinate content development of all proposals with appropriate staff in other departments.
5. Establish and maintain systems for managing statistics for inclusion in funding proposals.
6. Manage Museum’s EITC process.
7. Develop and execute a stewardship plan for foundation and government cultivation and recognition.
8. Manages existing grants to ensure each project is meeting proposal targets and funder expectations.
9. Coordinates with Program and Finance teams to track program deliverables and grant expenses.
10. Maintains historical records of funder interactions and grants in Raisers Edge and other file storage systems.
11. Other duties as assigned to support the overall development efforts of the development team.
Education and Experience:
Minimum BA; minimum three years’ progressively responsible experience in not for profit granting writing or equivalent. Superb writing skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communications abilities required. Apply by mail to: The Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley, 31 North Fifth Street, Allentown, PA 18101 or email hr [at] allentownartmuseum [dot] org.