Make Your Mark, Allentown!
The Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley invites you to
IMAGINE the impact a few helping hands and a couple of hours can have on our community.
CREATE a short video—no longer than three minutes—telling us about a location in Allentown that you’d like to beautify.
Is there a park you’d like to clean up?
A building you’d like to paint?
A street corner you’d like to plant a tree on?
Your video must focus on a place outside where people experience Allentown. The possibilities are endless.
UPLOAD your video for the chance to have the NBA's Detroit Pistons’ player Darrun Hilliard join you and a group of volunteers to complete your project from start to finish on June 24, 2017. (Click photo below to play video.)
See guidelines for submitting a video entry below. Submissions will be accepted through Monday, May 15, 2017.
Make your mark in the community by submitting a video and/or rolling up your sleeves and volunteering to help complete the project on June 24, 2017.
Make Your Mark, Allentown! Video Submissions
We ask that your video focus on the work project and why it is significant. Please note that not all submissions will appear on the Museum website and other social media.
- All entries must be uploaded to YouTube and include a completed entry form. Click here; entry form at right.
- Each video submission MUST
a. Include a project title,
b. Be a project located in Allentown, PA.
c. Be able to be completed in one working day (June 24, 2017, beginning at 10 a.m. and ending by 2 p.m.).
d. Answer the questions:
Why is the project significant?
How does it impact the community?
What does community mean to you?
e. And have a file name of “Submission Date, Project Title, Submitter’s Name" (ex. 1-22-2017, Seed Bombs, Jane Doe)
- Groups may work together or submit entries as individuals.
- Only one submission allowed per person/group.
- The videos should be no longer than 3 minutes in duration.
- Video submissions must be posted no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 28, 2017.
- There is no entry fee.
- All submissions will be reviewed before they are made public. Any video that contains content deemed inappropriate by the Allentown Art Museum will be automatically disqualified.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Allentown Art Museum in its sole and conclusive determination.
- All submissions will be reviewed by a committee consisting of Museum staff and local representatives. These representatives will be unable to submit an individual or group submission entry.
- The committee’s decision is based on the feasibility of the project, the overall significance to the community, the budget, and the manpower required. The committee’s decision is final.
- IF CHOOSEN AS A FINALIST you will be notified no later than May 1, 2017. You must submit a signed/completed Museum Volunteer Form and be available to attend and assist on June 24, 2017. Finalist will recieve a special SWAG bag valued at $200 and the chance to have NBA Detroit Pistons' player Darrun Hilliard join you and a group of volunteers to complete your project.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the committee.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
By submitting a video to the Allentown Art Museum, you are acknowledging, representing and agreeing that:
- The content of your video is original and has never been submitted for any other contest or project grants. The video does not infringe on the copyrights, trade secrets, or other intellectual property of any other person. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Allentown Art Museum for losses, costs, damages, and attorney’s fees for any breach or alleged breach of this warranty.
- You grant the Allentown Art Museum a perpetual nonexclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free right to publish the video on its website, to reproduce the video or any part thereof in any form, to prepare derivative works based on your submission, and to distribute copies of the video and derivative works in any form or medium.
- The Allentown Art Museum is not obligated to publish your video on its website. The Allentown Art Museum may remove your video from its website and Facebook page at any time.
For more information email community [at] allentownartmuseum [dot] org.
Make Your Mark, Allentown! is coordinated by the Public Engagement Department of the Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley and part of the Museum’s HeARThstone Project.
The HeARTHstone Project is rooted in the belief that art can and does change lives and is supported by the generosity of the Harry C. Trexler Trust.